Old Carrboro Cemetery is comprised of 2.40 acres of land.
Old Carrboro Cemetery is Carrboro’s oldest cemetery. The land for this cemetery was donated to the Town by Dr. Foy Roberson in 1910.
According to a study funded by The Preservation Society of Chapel Hill, A Segregated Part of Heaven: The History of the West Chapel Hill Cemetery, “The primary cemetery that Carrboro’s black residents were buried in was the segregated “Old Carrboro Cemetery,” established circa 1860 (Cemetery Census n.d.).”
The first know burial is that of Charles Hudson McDade which occurred in 1860. There are several unmarked graves.
The cemetery is located at 110 Old Cemetery Road, just off the Libba Cotton Greenway.
The Following internment options are available at Old Carrboro Cemetery:
There are currently no plots available for purchase in Old Carrboro Cemetery.