Parking PLAN FAQ
1. What is the project project area?
2. What has the project accomplished?
4. How was public input used for this project?
5. Who can I contact for more information?
1. WHAT IS THE PROJECT PROJECT AREA?
The downtown portion of Carrboro includes all public parking lots between Rosemary St and Sunset Dr to the east and the Carrboro Town Hall to the west. View Study Area Map
- This includes the entirety of Weaver Street, and Carr St on both sides of Greensboro St
- This also includes Jones Ferry Rd and Laurel Ave near the Farmers Market
2. WHAT HAS THE PROJECT ACCOMPLISHED?
This parking plan includes existing conditions parking data from a typical weekday and weekend day in 2016. Public outreach included an online survey with more than 600 respondents, as well as stakeholder feedback from multiple outreach events.
See the plan appendix section for a summary of comments and feedback received.
You may access the final report by clicking the link(s) below:
• Final Plan Report (July 2017)
• Final Plan Appendix (July 2017)
3. WHO WAS INVOLVED?
This project involved a variety of stakeholders including downtown visitors, local business owners, Town officials and Advisory Board Representatives, Town Police and County Sheriffs, local developers, and representatives of the Town of Chapel Hill and UNC-CH.
Refer to Public Involvement section of the Final Plan Report.
4. HOW WAS PUBLIC INPUT USED FOR THIS PROJECT?
The consultant team facilitated interactive discussions in-person and online to collect information and feedback. In addition to identifying parking challenges, citizens were asked to strategize potential solutions that can be conveyed to Town administrators. All of this feedback was used to identify recommendations to improve parking, walking, bicycling and transit.
5. WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Zachary Hallock, Transportation Planner with the Town of Carrboro
Email Zachary Hallock